Benefits of Waxing Your Vehicle
Published: June 09, 2021
Frequent washings are a great way to keep the paint on your vehicle in good shape by removing dirt and grime buildup, but did you know having a coat of wax applied regularly (every 3-6 months) is an essential step in the upkeep of your car’s exterior?
Your car has a protective layer of clear coat over the paint. When the car is outdoors that clear coat is under attack. UV rays in sunlight, snow, rain, air pollution, tree sap, bird droppings, and bug splatter are all etching it away.
Here are just some of the benefits to waxing:
- Wax adds a layer, essentially a sacrificial layer, to the clear coat. This not only makes your car look good but extends the life of the paint and improves resale value.
- That layer of wax also protects dirt from sticking to your paint, which naturally has a rougher surface that grime loves to adhere to. A wax layer creates a smooth shield on your clear coat…meaning less chance for particles to embed themselves unwantedly.
- It helps your car looking shiny. Who doesn’t want that?
- Paint fades over time. Regular wax applications will help avoid deterioration and keep your vehicle looking new – which is helpful for resale too.
- A waxed car is easier to clean. That means you get the most out of your Halo Wash Membership!
- Wax has hydrophobic properties. That’s a fancy way of saying it causes the water to bead-up on your vehicle’s paint and slide right off. It essentially repels water.
- Your car will stay clean longer. With it being more difficult for the dirt to stick, you can experience the “Halo effect” for a prolonged period after each wash.
- Ever noticed cars on the road with faded spots? That’s sun damage. Over time ultraviolet rays wreak havoc on your paint. Are you getting the point yet? Wax = extra protection!
- It keeps your car looking new. With such an expensive price tag attached to your vehicle, keeping it in the best shape possible is a no-brainer.
At Halo Car Wash®, our Performance Wash package includes a “quick wax” feature with benefits that last a day or two. It helps to protect your vehicle’s surface, prevents dirt from bonding to your paint, and even assists in the drying process. But the effects of our wax are not a replacement for regularly applying a full wax application.
As you can see, regularly waxing your vehicle has many benefits and is an important step in your car care routine.